120 Katlian St., Sitka, AK 99835
Built in 1934 on the old Russian Parade Ground, this is a state home for elderly Alaskans. Handicrafts made by the residents are sold in the gift shop located on the first floor. The pioneers welcome visitors. The 13-1/2 foot bronze statue standing in front of the Pioneer Home was made by Alonzo Victor Lewis and was dedicated on Alaska Day in 1949. The model was a real pioneer – William “Skagway Bill” Fonda. The Sitka Pioneer Home is on the National Register of Historical Places.