An important collection of Russian Orthodox art and rare church treasures. Built in 1844-48, the church was totally destroyed by fire in January of 1966. Many of the precious icons and religious objects were salvaged and are in the rebuilt structure. Check the front door for posted hours, or call (907) 747-8120 for an appointment. A $5.00 donation is requested. St. Michael’s Cathedral is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in the downtown area.