Share your Sitka experience with us! Whether you’re an amateur or professional photographer, 8 or 88, Alaskan or first time visitor, we want to see your best snapshots. Contest starts on February 1, 2022 and runs through December 1, 2022.
- All photos must be of Sitka Alaska, Baranof Island or Sitka Sound. Photos submitted must be in a .jpg or .jpeg format. No prints or film submissions will be accepted.
- Name your photo with your name and phone number. In submission notes include details about the picture and what category you would like the picture submitted to. If the name of your photo does not include your contact information, it will be considered an anonymous submission.
- Photos may be taken on any device. Photo editing is allowed but not necessary.
- IMPORTANT!! Image resolution MUST BE be a minimum of 300 dpi and 1,200 x 1,800 pixels for consideration. Images not submitted with these requirements will not be accepted.
- Outdoor Recreation
How many photos may I submit?
Up to 8 per category (40 total).
We will be placing select photos on our website so check back often to see if yours is featured! Winners of the Snapshot Sitka photo contest will be chosen early December 2022 and will be notified by email. Winning photos may be featured in our Official Visitors Guide.
- 1st Prize: $500
- 2nd Prize: $250
- 3rd Prize: $125
- 4th Prize (Honorable Mention): $75
What rights does Visit Sitka have with submissions?
Visit Sitka will have the right to use your image(s) from the Snapshot Sitka photo contest in any media now or hereafter.
Will I need a model release?
Yes. Each photograph that includes identifiable people must be accompanied by a separate, signed release from EACH identifiable person in the photograph. Releases that cannot be verified for authenticity by Visit Sitka, for any reason (including missing, incorrect or incomplete contact information on the release form) will result in the disqualification of the entry. Visit Sitka Photo Release
Photo credit is not guaranteed for all uses of images by Visit Sitka
Terms and Conditions
No entry will be returned. All photos will be added to the permanent Visit Sitka photo collection and will be used as the organization sees fit. Giving photo credit will be attempted when a photograph is used as a major image in Visit Sitka publications. It must be understood that Visit Sitka gives promotional photos out to media, writers and other organizations, and they cannot be held responsible when photo credit is not given to the photographer for his or her work.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.