Russian Bishop’s House105 Lincoln St., Sitka, AK 99835
The oldest intact Russian building in Sitka was built in 1842 by the Russian American Company as a residence for the Bishop of the Orthodox Church. Bishop Innocent (Ivan Veniaminov) was its first resident. The building and grounds are managed by the National Park Service. It has been restored to the 1850s historic period when it functioned as a school, Bishop’s residence, and a chapel. Registered as a National Historic Landmark. Open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm daily during the summer months with tours every half hour. Winter hours by appointment only.